The Lymphatic System

AN INTEGRAL PART OF TATTOOS

Schedule a Consultation
Contact Us

The Lymphatic System

AN INTEGRAL PART OF TATTOOS

Schedule a Consultation
Contact Us

There’s a reason so many people choose Regrettable Ink for their tattoo removal.

Learn Why
Learn Why
Regrettable Ink is a tattoo removal service in Rome, GA

The Third Rail

The lymphatic system is an integral part of how tattoo ink is cleared from our bodies. It is a fantastic “third rail” in our circulatory system and deserves some explanation.

Dr. Marc Wetherington in Rome, GA, is the area leader for facelifts

About the Lymphatic System

The lymphatic system aids the immune system in removing and destroying waste, debris, dead blood cells, pathogens, toxins, and cancer cells. This is how tattoo ink is removed from our skin.

Arterial blood carries oxygen, nutrients, and hormones for the cells. To reach these cells it leaves the small arteries and flows into the tissues. This fluid is now known as interstitial fluid and it delivers its nourishing products to the cells. It then leaves the cell and removes waste products.

After this task is complete, 90% of this fluid returns to the circulatory system as venous blood. The remaining 10% of the fluid stays behind in the tissues as a clear to yellowish fluid known as lymph.

Major lymphatic ducts

Lymphatic Circulation

The lymph is moved through the body in its own vessels making a one-way journey from the interstitial spaces to the subclavian veins at the base of the neck.

  • Because the lymphatic system does not have a heart to pump it, its upward movement depends on the motions of the muscle and joint pumps.
  • As it moves upward toward the neck the lymph passes through lymph nodes which filter it, removing debris and pathogens.
  • The cleansed lymph continues to travel in only one direction, which is upward toward the neck.
  • At the base of the neck, the cleansed lymph flows into the subclavian veins on either side of the neck.
  • Toxins, waste and debris are then removed from the body by the liver and kidneys.
Schedule a Consultation

THE SCIENCE

ABOUT DR. WETHERINGTON

Dr. Marc Wetherington is a plastic and cosmetic surgeon in Rome, Ga

Dr. Wetherington is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a former President of the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Read More
Dr. Marc Wetherington in Rome, GA, is the area leader for facelifts

About the Lymphatic System

The lymphatic system aids the immune system in removing and destroying waste, debris, dead blood cells, pathogens, toxins, and cancer cells. This is how tattoo ink is removed from our skin.

Arterial blood carries oxygen, nutrients, and hormones for the cells. To reach these cells it leaves the small arteries and flows into the tissues. This fluid is now known as interstitial fluid and it delivers its nourishing products to the cells. It then leaves the cell and removes waste products.

After this task is complete, 90% of this fluid returns to the circulatory system as venous blood. The remaining 10% of the fluid stays behind in the tissues as a clear to yellowish fluid known as lymph.

Major lymphatic ducts

Lymphatic Circulation

The lymph is moved through the body in its own vessels making a one-way journey from the interstitial spaces to the subclavian veins at the base of the neck.

  • Because the lymphatic system does not have a heart to pump it, its upward movement depends on the motions of the muscle and joint pumps.
  • As it moves upward toward the neck the lymph passes through lymph nodes which filter it, removing debris and pathogens.
  • The cleansed lymph continues to travel in only one direction, which is upward toward the neck.
  • At the base of the neck, the cleansed lymph flows into the subclavian veins on either side of the neck.
  • Toxins, waste and debris are then removed from the body by the liver and kidneys.
Schedule a Consultation

THE SCIENCE

ABOUT DR. WETHERINGTON

Dr. Marc Wetherington is a plastic and cosmetic surgeon in Rome, Ga

Dr. Wetherington is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a former President of the Georgia Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Read More